Apprentices spend one day per week in college and the rest of the week at work. College days consist of a mixture of practical workshop sessions and classroom theory sessions where apprentices will be taught how to install plumbing services equipment and carry out repairs. This will culminate in an end assessment of refitting a complete bathroom.
Apprentices will work under supervision to complete the installation and maintenance of domestic hot water, cold water, sanitation, drainage, rainwater systems, central heating systems and components.
Apprentices will study the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Plumbing & Heating
- Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- Level 2 Functional Skill Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skill English
- Level 1 Functional Skill ICT
- Employees Right and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Apprentices are required to compile a portfolio of jobs demonstrating the range of installations and repairs they have completed. Our assessor will visit regularly to assist with the portfolio and provide the apprentice and employer with updates on progress. Progress is tracked and available for all parties to see via our online e-portfolio system.