The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The apprentice marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
This new apprenticeship standard has been designed by employers, specifically for those looking to recruit and train people to co-ordinate online and technology driven activities and to plan, implement and apply these tools to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention.
Job roles covered - This standard has been developed for employers with the following job roles:
- Digital Marketer,
- Digital Marketing Assistant,
- Digital Marketing Executive,
- Digital Marketing Coordinator,
- Campaign Executive,
- Social Media Executive,
- Content Coordinator,
- E-mail Marketing Assistant,
- SEO executive,
- Analytics Executive,
- Digital Marketing Technologist.
Apprentices will develop skills and learn how to:
• Understand the principles of coding
• Understand and can apply basic marketing principles
• Understand and can apply the customer lifecycle
• Understand the role of customer relationship marketing
• Understand how teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and can deliver accordingly
• Understand the main components of Digital and Social Media Strategies
• Understand the principles of all of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e mail marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click and understands how these can work together
• Understands the similarities and differences, including positives and negatives, of all the major digital and social media platforms
• Understand and responds to the business environment and business issues related to digital marketing and customer needs
• Understand and follows digital etiquette
• Understand how digital platforms integrate in to the working environment
• Understand and follows the required security levels necessary to protect data across digital and social media platforms
Level 2 English and maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
Completion of the apprenticeship would also allow access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 18 months.
This is a level 3 apprenticeship.