This standard is for those employers looking to recruit and train people who ensure that software operates as intended. Testers typically design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure that software is fit for purpose. They document and report the results of testing activities. They have a good understanding of the software lifecycle and software development practices.
Job roles covered - This standard is suitable for the following job roles: Software Testers and Software Test Analysts.
Your apprentice will learn how to:
• Understand and can apply the basic concepts of software testing including testing types; test procedures; testing techniques; testing tools and testing terms.
• Understand how to use and apply automated test tools.
• Understand the importance of accuracy and clear documentation of software tests.
• Understand how to use bug tracking tools
• Understand and can communicate the differences between software testing and verification.
• Understand industry standard software development paradigms and methods (including. Object Oriented, procedural and agile) to conduct testing.
• Understand that software should be ‘secure by design’ and how to test for security requirements.
• Understand the range and features of software test commonly used (Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Non-Functional Testing, System Testing, Stress Testing, Performance Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and Exploratory Testing).
• Understand how to set up and configure testing packages.
• Understand the role of software testing within the wider systems development life cycle.
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 24 months.
This is a Level 4 Apprenticeship.