This new apprenticeship standard has been designed by employers. It is suitable for those employers looking to recruit and train people to provide technical support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs. By the end of the programme, apprentices will be able to set people up on systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain the organisation’s productivity.
Job roles covered: This standard has been developed for employers with the following job roles:
- Helpdesk Technician,
- First or Second Line Support,
- IT Infrastructure Technician
- Network Support.
Apprentices will cover off the job units at such as:
- cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- maintenance processes and application in working practices
- the basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- where to apply the relevant numerical skills e.g Binary
- the relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- the similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and their role within
- the similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- working knowledge of business IT skills relevant to the organisation
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be passed, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
The duration of this apprenticeship is a minimum of 12 months
This is a level 3 apprenticeship