This Apprenticeship programme provides the apprentice with the competence, skills and knowledge to work effectively and efficiently with IT systems, communication and productivity tools and software applications.
The framework includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure apprentices have an appropriate set of IT skills to operate in their specific chosen job role.
- Creating and amending formatted documents
- Producing diagrams, spread sheets and presentations
- Maintaining simple websites
- Internet searches
- Using social media
The technical content includes:
- Setting up and using IT systems
- System and personal security
- Using internet, email and collaborative software
- Configuring and using operating systems and mobile devices
- Using office applications
- Using multimedia, video, audio and website software
- Using accounting and project management software
Your apprentice will:
become competent in the use and application of the particular systems and software required in their job role
develop skills to enhance their personal and team effectiveness through the application of IT
gain an insight into the wider use of IT across their organisation
This Apprenticeship is suitable for the following sectors:
Apprentices are allocated an assessor who supports them throughout their whole apprenticeship via assessments, 1:1 reviews, mentor meetings, advice and guidance.