We provide two models of delivery for apprentices:
Work based learning
The majority of training and assessment is carried out on your work premises. Apprentices will visit college a day per month for technical certificate delivery and tests.
Day release supported with work based learning
Apprentices will spend one day per week at college for day release developing skills and techniques that will support and improve your business.
Skills development includes:
- communication and customer service techniques
- working to identify and deal with problems constructively to ensure positive outcomes
- legal requirements
- Functional skills at Level 2
Technical skills development includes:
- preparation and of meats and poultry
- filleting fish
- preparation and cooking of vegetables, pastry, soups and sauces.
We support the apprentice through all aspects of the apprenticeship and have regular contact with employers including reviews every 8 to 10 weeks.