- Our apprenticeships combine high-quality training with real-world experience in your workplace – providing industry-relevant, Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ training embedded by practically applying it in the world of work.
Our programmes are designed with progression routes built in, so you can develop enthusiastic, young talent to address the skills shortages you have now, whilst allowing apprentices to grow with your organisation and give you the skills you need in the future.
Why hire an apprentice?
- Get talent that is here to stay - 92% of apprentices who complete, go on to full-time jobs and 90% are with their employers for a year or longer.
- Grow your own talent – with the specific industry-relevant skills you need.
- Reduce recruitment costs – get the talent you need in house and reduce costs spent on retraining new staff or hiring contractors.
- Upskill existing staff - you can enrol existing employees and they'll train alongside their current role.
- conduct inspections of buses and coaches
- carry out scheduled mechanical maintenance
- diagnose and repair mechanical faults in systems and component
- identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in engine systems and component
- identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in chassis systems and component
- identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in transmission systems and component
- identify, locate and rectify electrical faults in systems and component
- diagnose and repair electrical faults in systems and component
- recondition mechanical component
- thermal joining component
- provide roadside assistance and recovery for buses and coaches
- install and configure ancillary system
- remove and transport buses and coaches
Once your apprentice has started work, you'll be given a dedicated support team responsible for looking after your progress. They will:
- Draw up your training plan and detailed training schedule
- Send you advance notice of training schedules
- Assess your apprentice's portfolio of work-based training
- Visit every 6-8 weeks to discuss their work and update their schedule with you
- Ensure your apprentice achieves the targets you set