Our apprenticeships combine high-quality training with real-world experience in your workplace – providing industry-relevant, Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ training embedded by practically applying it in the world of work.
Our programmes are designed with progression routes built in, so you can develop enthusiastic, young talent to address the skills shortages you have now, whilst allowing apprentices to grow with your organisation and give you the skills you need in the future.
Why hire an apprentice?
- Get talent that is here to stay - 92% of apprentices who complete, go on to full-time jobs and 90% are with their employers for a year or longer.
- Grow your own talent – with the specific industry-relevant skills you need.
- Reduce recruitment costs – get the talent you need in house and reduce costs spent on retraining new staff or hiring contractors.
- Upskill existing staff - you can enrol current employees who will train whilst carrying out their current job role.
- Thermal join components
- Carry out scheduled maintenance to body components
- Assemble body panels and components
- Assess and repair damage to body panels and components
- Prepare and treat surfaces and apply paint coats to bus/coach body panels and components
- Identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in engine systems and components
- Identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in chassis systems and components
- Identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in transmission systems and components
- Identify, locate and rectify electrical faults in systems and components
- Conduct inspections of buses and coaches
Once your apprentice has started work, you'll be given a dedicated support team responsible for looking after your progress.They will:
- Draw up your training plan and a detailed training schedule
- Send you advance notice of training schedules
- Assess your apprentice's portfolio of work-based training
- Visit every 6-8 weeks to discuss their work and update their schedule with you
- Ensure your apprentice achieves the targets you set